THE MINDY PROJECT REWATCH: 1X09 JOSH AND MINDY’S CHRISTMAS PARTY
Estimated waiting time: 3 hours and 20 minutes.
I’ve been staying away from spoilers so far so this might be totally old news to everyone, but… EMPIRE STATE BUILDING SET. I DON’T EVEN WANT TO SPECULATE BUT CLEARLY THIS MEANS /EVERYTHING/!!!!!!!!
THE MINDY PROJECT REWATCH: 1X10 MINDY’S BROTHER
The New Year means putting the previous year’s mistakes behind you, like the slightly less than graceful way you handled your ex-boyfriend’s wedding. Or the fact that the world is hell-bent on turning you into a cat lady. Disagreements with your best friend or discovering that your perfect blond boyfriend is a lying, gross snake with a long-term girlfriend, making you the mistress. But the new year is a chance to wipe the dry erase board of life clean, and start over. unless some idiot has used a permanent marker. Ugh, New Year’s Resolution number one: stop undercutting my analogies. Resolution number two: meet a guy. Uh, maybe we’ll start with resolution number three: get a new look. Moving onto resolution number four: get in shape.
Fox is formalizing its 2014-15 schedule, renewing the bulk of its Tuesday comedy block as well as Kevin Williamson’s serial killer drama The Following for additional seasons. New Girl, The Mindy Project and Golden Globe winner Brooklyn Nine-Nine will return for their fourth, third and second seasons, respectively, while The Following will be back for a third run.
graphic provided by gold-dust1
"Wiener Night" is not available on regular hulu or Fox.com. Some cable providers have it available for on demand but not all.
If available through your cable provider, please try to watch on Fox on demand. Those views are counted by Fox.
For the next two weeks, we are going to concentrate our efforts on only one time. It is more likely we will trend that way. In interest of fairness, this week will we do it during the “east coast” time slot, 9:30 ET, on 3/18 we will do the “west coast” time slot, 9:30 PT.
To check what time this is where you live: convert to your time zone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
International fan outside of the US? If you can join us, please do! We want fox to see how great and diverse this fandom is! We trended in Tokyo on March 4th and it was AWESOME!
In your tweets, remember to tag:
- #themindyproject (Fox tracks this hashtag)
- ”@foxtv” (without the quotes) - try to copy fox on as many of your tweets as possible, that way they see all the messages.
- ”@hulu” (without the quotes, if watching on hulu, but not necessary)
- Show official accounts if space allows:
@universaltv (production company, DVD distributor)
- Any of the cast members if space allows:
”@adampally” (without the quotes)
- any of the writers or crew if space allows:
@jackburditt (writer for Wiener Night)
@traceywigfield@CBgrandy@JeremyBronson@adamcountee@cschleichsrun’ (without the ‘)@mrsalperez (costume designer)
To maximize your tweets, great ideas from @mindannyforever (I’ve added a few):
@JarettSays (buzzfeed, moderator at SAG and this year’s paley!)
@laurahertzfeld (she was on the Google hangout with Mindy, Entertainment Weekly)
@MichaelAusiello (TV Line)
@vulture or @tvline in your tweets since they are all supporters of the show.
- Have this pretyped or already copy it so it’s easy to paste when tweeting (without the quotes):
“#themindyproject #renewmindy @foxtv”
This takes 35 characters. That leaves 105 characters for whatever you want to tweet, so you don’t have to guess if what you are typing is too long.
- Tweet your little hearts out for the entire 30 minutes until you get put in Twitter jail.
- You can send a maximum of 100 tweets/hour (including retweets) before Twitter locks you out for another 2 hours. This means, you can average 3 tweets/minute over the 30 minute viewing period without any trouble. This also gives you enough time to tweet during BOTH livetweeting sessions if you can. Yay!
- Mix it up a little by including some other influential people (Oprah, anyone?) in your tweets to get their attention AND so people will pull up the Mindy tags when they look for other famous people.
- Tweet the advertisers whose ads come up for the show while watching on Hulu, Fox On Demand, Fox.com or the Fox app to let them know we support Mindy. I’m also planning to include @jcrew in some tweets since a bunch of Mindy’s outfits in this episode were from there. People looking up J.Crew will stumble upon Mindy as a result.
- We still have time to try to get the word out on other platforms, so those of you who frequent fan forum message boards outside tumblr, even at AV Club or E! Online (I’m looking at you, overanalyzingtelevision) let the fans there know too! Facebook page for TMP, anywhere you can get the word out before the rewatch.
VERY VERY IMPORTANT:
- If you happen to see it trending (and most likely it will be a US trend) take a photo! We were able to get a photo from 2/11 because of @djcandywrapper on twitter and it made the world of difference! it gave us proof and I’m sure had a huge hand in getting a mention in that E! article!
- Trendsmap is also a great resource and how randomimprint was able to capture the city trends on 2/18.
Here are the reasons why we should do it:
- We got #RenewMindy to trend on 2/11 in the United States. NYC, Boston, and Chicago on 2/18. Chicago and LA on 2/22. Chicago on 2/25 and #TheMindyProject to trend in NY, Chicago, and LA on 2/25. W #TheMindyProject to trend in the United States, NY, Chicago, LA, DC, and Tokyo on 3/4, #RenewMindy to trend in Chicago on 3/4. We are just that awesome. The writers and cast favorited a whole bunch of tweets and they were really excited. Let’s show Fox, the cast and crew that this was not a fluke and we can keep it up.
- E! online mentioned us in an article. Maybe if we keep trending we can have similar luck with BuzzFeed, Glamour, Vulture, or TVLine!
- Experience You’ve Got Sext with the best motherfucking fandom on twitter (our first rewatch PROVED it) Seriously, it’s so much fun.
- Keep Fox aware of Mindy even as we wait for new episodes! Even if they are in the process of renewing it (great!) they will have an even stronger reason why. If they are wavering, we can show them that we are dedicated even when other shows can easily grab our attention means we are loyal and we will stick around. GUARANTEED viewership for season 3 even if we don’t have Nielsen boxes! International fans will show that syndication is desirable!
As always, you guys are AWESOME and reblog and share!
Four times Danny doesn’t help Mindy with her luggage, and the one time he does.